Thoughts from an active pensioner who is now somewhat past his Biblical "Use-by date"

"Why just be difficult, when with a little more effort you can be bloody impossible?"



Sunday 25 December 2011

Christmas Eve

I've just returned home from ringing our church bells for the midnight service. We managed to muster eight ringers and produced some reasonable ringing. When the ringers arrived to ring about 40 minutes before the service, and the Parish Church was already half full. I didn't stay for the service, but when I left, the church was packed to overflowing.
I'm ringing tomorrow, so I need to leave home just after 9 o'clock to ring for the main 10 o'clock service. Then a quick visit to my younger daughter, before she leaves to go to her in-laws for lunch and then to our elder daughter for our Christmas Lunch.
It's all go!

2 comments:

  1. Sir,

    I have written an article about how health - particularly longetivity - and tax havens seem to have a connection according to a recent survey, and I was wondering if I could email you a copy in case you might consider publishing it on your blog - I notice for example the taxpayers alliance as a link.

    Perhaps you could email me at tribune101@yahoo.com if interested?

    Best wishes for 2012.

    Roger Munns

    ReplyDelete