Thoughts from an active pensioner who is now somewhat past his Biblical "Use-by date"

"Why just be difficult, when with a little more effort you can be bloody impossible?"



Sunday 31 October 2010

Should I become a witch?

Making headlines in all the papers today is the fact that the Metropolitan Police have issued a guide which advises, inter alia, on how to arrest witches.
The guide notes that "it has become a custom for some to wear athames in various sizes, sometimes sword size, on a belt, as a visible symbol of their pagan faith and to wear them in the streets".
Now if I carry a knife of any sort, let alone a sword, I can be accused of having an offensive weapon, but if I am a witch, its seems that I can have an athame (defined by Wikipedia as a ceremonial double-edged dagger) and as a result would be in the clear.

Actually, I've always fancied a sword-stick, particularly since I have found that I need a walking stick on occasions. Do you think that I would be able to convince the plod it is my athame?

It reminds me of the time when my children were young, and I had a habit of referring to my late mother-in law as the old witch. My popularity was at an all time low when one of my daughters asked "Grandma, why does daddy have to collect you from the railway station in the car? Why don't you come all the way on your broomstick?"

No comments:

Post a Comment